Carsforsale.com is a rapidly growing company and marketing leader in the automotive category looking to expand our Data Team. The Carsforsale.com team is currently concentrated on scaling web products that reach millions of car buyers and launching cutting-edge web and mobile applications.
This position will involve database design and development of solutions and implementing a deliberate architecture for data integration and data movement across the organization.
This is a full-time position located in our Sioux Falls, SD corporate headquarters.
Job Functions may include:
- Initiation and drive of projects to completion with an understanding of end to end flow
- Building Data Integration and Interoperability solutions that transform and integrate various types of data (both internal and external) from diverse systems to enable data sharing across applications and the organization whiletaking an enterprise perspective to ensure future extensibility.
- Help distribute data efficiently and manage the processes for moving data and help design data interfaces.
- Integrate structured and unstructured data.
- Design and implement database solutions and responsible for the data layer and develop data objects for CRUD operations that are optimized for performance and follow best practices with a focus on data quality.
- Work on company innovations
- Support Business Intelligence, Software Development, and operational efficiency efforts.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field preferred.
- Must work with a tight knit group to propel the company’s initiatives
- 5+ years prior experience in database design, development and database technologies
- Experience with persisting data in one or more Relational and NoSQL DB technologies such as MS SQLServer, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB or Postgres and high
- volume transactional systems.
- Proven data organization and programming skills
- Knowledge or working experience of Data Processing Algorithms and Design Patterns
- Strong understanding of database design and development and working with high
- volume transactional systems
- Experience with ETL mappings and frameworks
- Ability to perform work independently, as well as part of a team environment
- Ability to learn in a constantly advancing technology field