This is an excellent opportunity for someone with solid leadership skills who is looking for an opportunity learn new technologies while guiding the development of a new front-end web based application.
What does an exceptional Software Development Engineer, Staff level person do?
In this role, you will collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, Designers, Technology, and Architecture teams to develop a front-end Web Application. You will work in an iterative/Agile environment providing technical leadership for solving complex programming tasks. You’re responsible for the usage of technologies across the existing client products. Your expertise in building reusable components and integrating them with the backend services is required. You will also perform integration testing along with designing and maintaining coding standards to improve application development and maintenance. You will also assist the QA team in explaining functional requirements and reviewing test cases.
- Translate requirements and conceptual designs into high quality, visually appealing and intuitive user interfaces and user experiences
- Take ownership of front-end components and drive continual expansion, reuse, and improvement across the board
- Integrate with backend infrastructure
- Analyze and solve problems across all levels of the stack
- Produce clean, secure, testable, maintainable, reusable, well-documented code, and participate in and drive regular code reviews
- Unit-test code for robustness, including usability and general reliability
- Work closely with the Product Owner on product development and with the QA Team on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Optimize applications for performance, scalability, security and user experience
- Guide fellow colleagues on improving their skills to deliver their best work
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, new technologies, and software development standard methodologies
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience with application development with strong design principles and user interface guidelines.
- Experience with front-end component libraries such as Bootstrap, Foundation or SemanticUI
- Strong understanding of Graceful Degradation and Progressive Enhancement
- CSS Preprocessor experience, understanding of CSS Modules and CSS-in-JS approaches a plus
- Understanding of Flux and Unidirectional front-end architectures, Redux and Redux Middleware
- Experience with ReactJS, VueJS or Angular
- Front-end build processes using GulpJS or Webpack
- Proficiency using data from various sources including: JSON Rest APIs and experience parsing XML
- Single Page Application state management using browser storage and in-memory databases
- Understanding of CORS and JSONP requests
- Experience with promises and using APIs like Fetch, Bluebird and Axios
- Minimal travel 10% which may include travel to Fiserv locations for meetings/training.
Learn more about us.
In a world moving faster than ever before, Fiserv helps clients deliver solutions in step with the way people live and work today – financial services at the speed of life. With 24,000 associates, we help more than 12,000 clients worldwide create and deliver solutions to enable today’s consumer to move and manage money with ease, speed and convenience. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our banking customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable financial institutions to quickly align to customers’ expectations. With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can preserve platform investments while delivering both updated functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest research to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we help clients access and act on data to create better outcomes
Fiserv bank platforms – Cleartouch, DNA, Precision, Premier, Signature – enable banks to efficiently manage a wide range of activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals, loans, customer information management, and general ledger and accounting tasks. Each Fiserv bank platform has unique capabilities, but they all help our clients improve customer service and streamline their back-office operations.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.