Are you a super talented software engineer who is getting tired of working on the same boring stuff all the time? Maybe you’ve spent a bunch of time keeping up on the latest tech but don’t see many opportunities to use it in your day job? Perhaps you’re looking for the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the direction and culture of an exciting new startup, working alongside other talented and driven individuals such as yourself?
If any of that sounds familiar and you’re ready to finally do something about it, read on…
Who are we?
We are Prismatic, a well-capitalized startup in Sioux Falls, SD founded by three individuals with a proven track record of building and scaling exceptional software companies. Our mission is to build an embedded iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service) that changes the way software vendors provide integrations to their customers. We believe there is a massive untapped potential in providing software integrations to end users, and that many otherwise useful integrations either never get built or never get completely finished because building software integrations is quite difficult and expensive, for a multitude of reasons. Prismatic aims to solve this.
Our team has deep experience in this area, having previously spent fifteen years together building a software company and scaling it into an industry disruptor and a national leader, which involved selling, building, implementing, and supporting hundreds of unique software integrations. We believe we are well positioned to make a serious dent in the iPaaS market, which is a market that by all estimates is poised for a high degree of growth over the next several years as the proliferation of software continues.
We’re looking for experienced, talented individuals to join us as early members of our engineering team and help build and shape the first version of our platform.
Who are you?
You’re a highly talented software engineer with the following attributes:
- You have several years of experience in a senior development role
- Your teammates regard you as one of the best on the team and frequently seek you out for advice on technical problems
- You’re able to design efficient database schemas and SQL queries, ideally in PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS
- You’re comfortable working in any layer of the tech stack, be it front-end, back-end, database, CI/CD tooling, etc.
- You’re a very adept learner and develop proficiency with new tools quickly
- The thought of joining a small startup and being responsible for helping to shape the company culture and the product while it’s still in its early days is exciting to you
- You live in the Sioux Falls, SD area
And serious bonus points if you have any of the following attributes:
- You have professional experience with Vue.js, React, or Django
- You have experience building GraphQL APIs
- You have experience implementing OAuth in a production application
- You have experience working with various services offered by AWS, Azure, or GCP, ideally with things like AWS Lambda, RDS, etc.
- You’re passionate about and involved in the Open Source community
And now, the good part
You’d be joining our team of smart, driven, experienced individuals to build a multi-tenant cloud-hosted iPaaS solution using some of the latest technology while adhering to modern best practices such as:
- 12-factor application design
- Dockerized development environment
- Microservices and FaaS-based architecture
- Unit and E2E testing, code formatting, and code linting integrated into workflow
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- GitHub Flow git workflow
Along with that, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO policy
- The best tools, including MacBook Pro docked to big monitors
- Free snacks and drinks
- Weekly company cocktail hour on Friday afternoon
How to Apply
Send your resume to [email protected]. Tell us which position you’re applying for and include a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit.