Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Maintain, develop, and test Software systems, Web applications and databases within a Microsoft .NET environment.
- Develop, maintain and test software systems, including but not limited to applications, websites and APIs with minimal support and guidance.
- Resolve complex problems and requests using general knowledge of Midco IT systems and business rules/processes.
- Provide knowledgeable recommendations and implement solutions to fulfill system needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply technology solutions to address industry challenges.
- Collaborate with more senior developers to define and implement team processes and coding standards.
- Conduct code reviews and guide junior developers to improve quality and consistency.
- Provide mentoring to more junior developers on the team.
- Collaborate with product owners and other internal customers to understand and effectively meet their IT needs.
- Provide comprehensive support to achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of IT systems and computer programming, and be able to resolve complex problems and requests.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience required. Focus in Information Technology preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of software development experience is required.
- 3 years programming experience in .NET, C# and/or ASP.NET is preferred.
- 3 years Webservice development experience in RESTAPI, JSON or SOAP is preferred.
- 3 years of experience working with SQL or T-SQL in relation to development is preferred.
- Experience in agile development and scrum processes.
- Experience in unit, functional and regression testing, as well as debugging specific software issues.
- General knowledge of DevOps and Enterprise Architecture processes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 60 lbs. May be required to work within limited confines.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.